Genetics and Insurance
Information on insurance for those affected by genetic conditions
Have you ever had difficulty accessing insurance because of a genetic condition? Or would you like to know more about what you have to tell insurers?
Often those affected by genetic conditions have difficulty accessing insurance. To help you understand more we have produced some information.
- What are insurers allowed to ask and what should I tell them?
- Information on life insurance
- Information on travel insurance
- What work does Genetic Alliance UK do on insurance?
We always recommend that when looking for insurance you consult several different companies to find the best policy and price for you before committing to an insurance policy. Through working in this area we have developed a working partnership with the insurers below and found that they often have helpful policies for patients who have had difficulties with insurance.
We asked our members and those affected by genetic conditions what questions they would like answered by insurers. We took these questions to the insurance industry and have produced this guide on genetics and insurance:
You can find out more about the making of this information booklet here. Member organisations can add their own logo to the booklet and display it on their website. If you would like to learn more about this, please .
- Information on life insurance is provided in the booklet Genetics and Insurance; what you need to know and what you need to tell,
- We have a short introduction to life insurance here,
- We have a short introduction to travel insurance here,
- One of the companies we worked with when producing travel insurance information was InsuranceWith.
- We campaign on the issues to ensure that insurance policies are accessible to those affected by genetic conditions.
- We worked with our members to identify areas of insurance that patients are unsure about. We then produced an information booklet on these areas for patients. You can read more about this here.
- We produced short introductions to life and travel insurance to help make interaction between insurers and patients easier for both parties. You can read more about this here.