As Genetic Alliance UK's Assistant Director I support the Director and Trustee Board in the development, implementation and delivery of the Genetic Alliance UK policy and communication strategies. I also have overall responsibility for all communications activities, managing our Marketing and Communications Officer.
I manage various Genetic Alliance UK projects including the Route Maps for Rare Conditions, and the SWAN UK. I also work as part of Genetic Alliance UK's Policy and Public Affairs team along with our Policy Analyst, Development Officer (Scotland) and Public Affairs Officer.
Accompanying my management duties I also have overall responsibility for communication and HR activities at Genetic Alliance UK.
Main areas of work in communications and HR include:
- Developing and maintaining strategies that enable Genetic Alliance UK to communicate effectively with our members / patients affected by genetic conditions/ scientific community / politicians / the media and the general public.
- Responsibility for overseeing the production of Genetic Alliance UK reports and publications. This includes our quarterly newsletter and our Annual Review.
- Responsibility for overseeing the maintaining the development of the Genetic Alliance UK website.
- Responsibly for overseeing the organisation of Genetic Alliance UK events including the Annual Genetic Alliance UK conference.
- Developing and maintaining all HR policies, including continued governance and risk assessment as well as recruitment of new team members.