Main Areas of Work are:
- Orphan Medicinal Products Regulations
- Reorganisation of the NHS and the commissioning of genetic services.
- Media relations and acting as a spokesperson for Genetic Alliance UK.
- Advising the Trustee Board on policy and strategy.
- UK and European Health and Research Policy and Legislation
Miscellaneous & Unremunerated Interests
- Member, Royal College of Physicians / Royal College of Pathologists / British Society for Human Genetics Joint Committee on Clinical Genetics.
- Member, the Genetics Committee of the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
- Member, the Genetic Commissioning Advisory Group (DH).
- Member, Genetics Commissioning Group (London NHS).
- Member, European Health Forum (EC).
- Member, Progress Educational Trust Advisory Committee.
- Member, European Federation of Biotechnology Task Group on the Public Perception of Biotechnology.
- European Genetic Alliances Network Executive Committee.
- Member of the Human Genetics Commission (HGC).
Further to the above, my other commitments include:
- Speaking and writing on genetic issues in the specialist press and for a wider audience.
- General management of the organisation's day to day operations.