Main Areas of Work are:
My academic background is in Biological Sciences and Information Technology.
My role as Policy Analyst here at Genetic Alliance UK is to ensure that the voice of patients and families affected by genetic conditions is heard during the formation of policy in the UK and Europe. I work with Genetic Alliance UK staff, our trustees and our members to develop Genetic Alliance UK's aims, objectives and policy.
I respond to, and co-ordinate Genetic Alliance UK's response to, relevant policy and consultation documents from government bodies, and others... and I am here to provide advice to any of our members who request it.
I am particularly interested in:
- legislation and regulation of research that is relevant to our members, such as clinical trial regulation, animal research, research governance;
- the licensing of medicinal products and medical devices in the UK and Europe;
- health technology assessment, and access to medicines and treatments;
- specialised commissioning in the UK;
- genetic test regulation, and access to genetic health services;
- and reproductive techniques to avoid the birth of children affected by genetic conditions.
I was a member of the Committee for Advanced Therapies at the European Medicines Agency for three years, and I am currently a member of the UK Genetic Testing Network Gene Dossier Working Group.