alpha-1 UK support group
The Alpha-1 UK Support Group is a not for profit organisation and registered charity founded in 1997 by those diagnosed with the genetic condition Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency who are dedicated to help, advise and support fellow sufferers, their families, carers and friends.
To relieve the needs of individuals suffering from the genetic condition Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (AATD), their families, carers and friends, in particular, but not exclusively by:
- Providing advice, support and equipment with a view to improve the quality of life of those suffering with AATD, their families, carers and friends;
- Advancing awareness and knowledge of AATD, in particular among affected patients and medical professions and healthcare provider organisations;
- Fostering improvements in access and equality of access to clinical expertise and optimal disease management and treatments for AATD;
- Supporting initiatives aimed at development, introduction and widespread adoption of novel therapies for AATD, including research.
- Working collaboratively with our members and relevant external individuals, groups of individuals, organisations and institutions in order to achieve 1 – 4.