About the role:
The post holder will undertake a range of administrative and organisational duties providing administrative and organisational support to a variety of meetings and events. With strong attention to detail and good communication skills, you will be able to organise and prioritise your work in an efficient and professional way. You will also be willing to pitch in and help with other administrative support when necessary.
Salary: £23,166 – £25,103 per annum
Closing date: 13 Feb 2019
Hours: Full time
Education level: Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- General correspondence duties – including logging, filing and distributing incoming mail as well as printing, packing and franking of outgoing mail.
- Answer the telephone and responding to inquiries or forwarding calls as appropriate.
- Deal with a range of general enquiries made by e-mail, post, or in person.
- Log invoices received for payment onto electronic system.
- Creation of electronic invoices.
- Administration and record keeping for annual membership renewals.
- Maintain and update contacts database.
- Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies, attending to upkeep.
- Coordinate and maintain an archiving system for hard and electronic files.
- Work across teams, provide additional administrative support to staff if required – for example helping organise events such as the annual general meeting and conference.
- Meet and greet visitors.
- Room bookings.
- Provide support to recruiting managers; preparing recruitment documents, communicating with applicants, compiling paperwork and interview documentation, organising interviews and securing references.
- Maintain leave and sickness absence records.
- Organise Disclosure and Barring Service checks (formerly known as CRB checks).
- Other administrative tasks as might reasonably be required.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required on behalf of Genetic Alliance UK.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role / proven administrative skills.
- Good IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite and the ability to present information in clear and accessible formats.
- Commitment to concepts of inclusion and diversity and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work in a team as well as to use individual initiative and judgement.
- Confident and approachable, and able to form good relationships with colleagues, Trustees and other stakeholders.
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Genetic Alliance UK.
Please email your CV and an accompanying cover letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com. Both of these should be attachments to your email and as PDF or Microsoft Word format, please include your name on the document titles e.g. ‘JohnSmithcv.pdf’ and ‘JohnSmithcoverletter.pdf’.
Application deadline: 12 noon, Wednesday 13 February 2019.