Executive Director - Genetic Alliance UK
Job role: Executive Director
Salary: Competitive salary negotiable for an outstanding candidate.
Terms: Full time; competitive pension terms; annual holiday allowance of 25 days
Office based: Genetic Alliance UK, Level 3, Barclay House, 37 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BH
We are the national charity working to improve the lives of patients and families affected by all types of genetic conditions. We are an alliance of over 180 patient organisations.
Our aim is to ensure that high-quality services, information and support are provided to all who need them. We actively support research and innovation across the field of genetic medicine.
We are looking for a new Executive Director who can deliver successful high impact projects together with the drive to lead the Genetic Alliance UK team, sustain our successful financial performance including fundraising and help shape future strategy.
Over the last 25 years Genetic Alliance UK has built a strong reputation for patient advocacy, making this a high profile role that needs strong interpersonal skills as well as the empathy to represent our 180 member groups to the NHS and the health departments of the UK, industry, government and politicians.
If you have the charisma, national contacts in the world of genetics and the ability to influence policy makers we would like to hear from you.
- Work with the Trustees of Genetic Alliance UK to develop the future strategy of Genetic Alliance UK in line with the mission, aims and values of the charity.
- Maintain and strengthen our position as a credible voice for patients and families with all types of genetic conditions.
- Provide leadership and represent the patient voice in all four nations of the UK within the genetic and rare diseases environment.
- Take on board the differing views of our 180 patient group members and reflect this in our research, policy and engagement work.
- Communicate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders and public audiences.
- Effectively represent the positions of Genetic Alliance UK at external meetings to further the aims and objectives of the charity.
- Develop, maintain and harness strong networks to achieve the aims of the organisation.
- Lead, support and motivate staff and supervise senior management staff, cultivating a positive and supportive working environment.
- Provide financial oversight: this will be an important part of the role and requires someone who understands and has experience of financial management.
- Oversee and monitor an effective programme of income generation.
- Have an understanding of the need for good governance.
For more information please see the job information pack and job description.