Job title: Administrator & Office Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Salary: £23,166 - £25,103 per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: 28 paid days per year plus bank holiday, plus employer contribution to pension
Contract: Full time (35 hours a week)
Located: CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH
Purpose of the role:
The post holder will undertake a range of administrative and organisational duties and will provide day-to-day operational assistance to our HR and Governance functions, manage our office and provide administrative and organisational support to a variety of meetings and events. With strong attention to detail and good communication skills, you will be able to organise and prioritise your work in an efficient and professional way. As part of a small team with a busy schedule, you will also be willing to pitch in and help with other administrative support when necessary.
The role is based at our offices at Genetic Alliance UK, CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH.
Support to the CEO and Trustees
Coordinate meetings of the Board of Trustees, and Finance and Governance committee, to include:
- Collating and issuing minutes and papers.
- Minuting Board and Finance and Governance Committee meetings.
- Coordinating the recruitment process of the new Trustees.
- Participating on the AGM preparation process.
- Working across teams, provide additional administrative support to staff if required - for example helping organise events, such as the annual conference.
HR Administrative duties
- Keep documentation up-to-date; oversee staff induction.
- Provide support to recruiting managers; preparing recruitment documents, communicating with applicants, compiling paperwork and interview documentation, organising interviews and securing references.
- Prepare letters of appointment, issuing of contracts and any king of variation to contract letters.
- Coordinate appraisal/performance management meetings and relevant paperwork.
- Maintain leave and sickness absence records.
- Organise Disclorue and Barring Service checks (formerly known as CRB checks).
Office Management & General Administration
- Deal with a range of general enquiries made by phone, post, or in person.
- Provide support to the staff team in processing expenses.
- Collect and maintain a detailed inventory of office equipment and supplies; research price and service options and purchase as directed.
- Attend to the upkeep and maintenance of the staff office service environment and office equipment.
- Coordinate and maintain an archiving system for hard and electronic files.
- Maintaining effective and efficient filing and archiving systems (G-Suite administration).
- Provide general administrative support to the organisation.
- Provide support to the staff team in relation to events and meetings.
- Provide support to the staff team in printing meetings and events papers.
- General mail duties - including logging and distributing incoming mail as well as printing, packing and franking of outgoing mail.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information relating to staff and Trustees.
Education and qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Graduate qualification or equivalent.
Essential qualities, skills and experience
- Good IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite and the ability to present information in clear and accessible formats.
- Able to take responsibility for organising committee meetings.
- Commitment to concepts of inclusion and diversity and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work in a team as well as to use individual initiative and judgement.
- Proven administrative skills.
- Confident and approachable, and able to form good relationships with colleagues, Trustees and other stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Genetic Alliance UK.
Desirable qualities, skills and experience
- Experience of taking minutes at Board-level meetings.
- Experience of delivering training and/or presentations to colleagues.
- Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required on behalf of Genetic Alliance UK.
Please apply by email to: email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Administrator & Office Manager.’
Your application should include your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are a suitable candidate. Both of these should be attachments to your email and as PDF or Microsoft Word format. Please include your name on the document titles eg ‘JohnSmithcv.pdf’ and ‘JohnSmithcoverletter.pdf’.
12 noon, Monday 16 July 2018.
You can download this job description here.