We're looking for someone to join our team as our new Director of Fundraising and Business Development. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding candidate to support Genetic Alliance UK to maintain and develop its position as a sector leader.
Click here to look at the job pack for this role.
Job title: Director of Fundraising and Business Development
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Fundraising Manager and Fundraising Officer
Salary: £40,000 ― £45,000 per annum, depending upon experience
Benefits: 33 paid holiday days per year, plus contribution to pension
Contract: 12 months (with potential for extension), full-time
Located: 37 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BH
Purpose of the role
- Develop and implement a robust organisational fundraising and income generation strategy.
- Support Genetic Alliance UK to maintain and develop its position as a sector leader by securing new income and developing new income streams.
- Successfully manage existing industry and corporate relationships and cultivate new partnerships.
- Lead and develop a motivated fundraising team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing the remit and recruiting a Fundraising Manager (a new role).
- Contribute to the development of the organisation working closely with the senior management team.
- Develop a robust fundraising strategy to support the growth and development of Genetic Alliance UK.
- Develop organisational cases for support, tailored to relevant audiences.
- To raise the profile of the Genetic Alliance UK charity and identify, develop and access funding opportunities through networking and partnerships at a senior level with large corporations, public sector organisations, trusts and foundations and other organisations working within the fields of health and biomedical research.
- To work with Genetic Alliance UK staff, trustees and members to transform ideas and priorities into fundable projects and activities.
- To confidently develop and deliver high quality pitches to potential funders and supporters.
- Oversee the development and submission of clear, detailed funding applications and proposals to public, corporate, trust and foundations.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the monitoring and evaluation of projects and activities is undertaken in accordance with funder and commissioner requirements.
- To oversee the submission of relevant reporting of outcomes to funders and commissioners.
- To support and manage the development of Genetic Alliance UK’s fundraising team.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to contribute to the development of the organisation's strategy, sharing responsibility for the overall management of the organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Successful track record in fundraising at a senior level engaging with corporate and industry supporters.
- Experience of building cases for support in complex organisations and developing fundraising strategies covering diverse income streams.
- Experience of developing detailed trust and grant applications.
- Experience of securing funds for charities working in the fields of health and/or medicine.
- Experience of securing funds for infrastructure, policy and campaigning organisations.
Personal skills and attributes
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to the values and core mission of Genetic Alliance UK.
- A positive approach to addressing the issues faced by patients and families affected by rare and genetic conditions.
- Team based, collaborative approach.
- Target driven with attention to detail.
Please email your CV and an accompanying cover letter to Alastair Kent, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Director of Fundraising and Business Development’.
5pm, Friday 27 January 2017
Tuesday 14 February and Thursday 16 February 2017.
To view the job pack for this role please click here.